Aims of Comparative Education
As a student of Comparative Education you will have different aims of studying the discipline, but the following will help you in keeping focus of the study;
- To provide a picture or profile of the education systems in various countries or regions of the world.
- To enable one come up with a global description and classification of education in various parts of the world.
- To determine the relations and aspects in education and society, for example, how does family size affect education? How does social status affect education? Or what are the motivations of different social classes to participate in education? among other aspects.
- To distinguish the fundamental elements of educational persistence and change and relate these with philosophical laws.
- To facilitate practical reform and planned development of the school system, that is, improvement of education at home. In order to achieve this aims one requires to establish the correlation of aims, customs, social norms and the education system.
- To enable one have a greater understanding of the wider educational process.
- To promote the spirit of international understanding and co-operation among those who study it, by promoting friendship, understanding other people's points of view and appreciate other people's cultures.
Critically analyze the above aims of comparative education
Are the above aims achievable in light of what comparative education has been defined?