Aims of education in Brazil
According to base and guideline law still in force national education enshrined in principles of freedom and in the ideals of human solidarity has the purpose of;
1. Understanding individual rights and responsibility, as well as those of citizen, the state and other community groups.
2. Respecting mans dignity and fundamental freedoms.
3. Integral development the human personality and his /her participation in the work towards common welfare.
4. Strengthening national unity and international solidarity.
5. Preparing individuals and society to muster scientific and technological resources which will allow the use existing resources for common welfare.
6. Protecting, disseminating and expanding cultural heritage.
7. Condemning unequal treatment resulting from philosophical and political or religious beliefs, as well as any social classes or racial prejudices.
Find more here