The government should consider paying keen attention to problems affecting the education system and provide relevant solutions.
Some of the relevant strategies that should be adopted include the following;
- The Ministry of Education has drafted a national policy on ECE, which provides guidelines on the implementation of the ECE programmes. The draft policy is under discussion with the stakeholders before being finalized and adopted.
- Adult literacy survey was conducts between June and August 2006 and findings should establish the actual literacy levels in the country.
- Draft policy on gender and education is being developed.
- Draft policy on Open and Distance Learning (ODM) being developed.
- Review of all laws on education and training is on-going through a taskforce on legal frame work for education and training.
Ministry of Education has prepared a draft paper on teacher employment and deployment to ensure equitable staff distribution.