Strategies to tackle Education Challenges in Uganda
The government of Uganda should consider these strategies in solving education problems in the country. They include;
End armed conflict and ensure security and peaceful environment.
· Develop and promote education programmes that target war-affected areas and other disadvantaged groups.
· Strengthen laws on education and promote good governance.
· Mobilize resources and coordinate key stake holders, including communities, the private sector
· Allocate more resources to education, at least 2 per cent of the GDP.
· Decentralize education provision, supervision and management.
· Strengthen education management information system (EMIS).
· Enhance sub-regional and regional cooperation to promote African Renaissance.
· Create an enabling environment for full participation of women in education, leadership and other development programmes.
· Provide conditions that ensure the integration of disadvantaged groups in education and development.
· Intensify campaigns against HIV/AIDS and provide systems for supporting AIDS orphans.